A great family meal with 20mins prep and 20 cooking time!
Serves - 4
- Coarsely chopped small red onion
- Lime halves to serve
- 4 coarsely chopped garlic cloves
- 200gms bean sprouts
- Small 4cm piece of fresh ginger
- 800gms thick cut Lombok cabbage
- 2 fresh long chillis chopped
- 300gms green beans
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 35gms deciccated Coconut
- 1 stem lemongrass (pale section only)
- 800gms Chicken thigh fillets
- 1 lime rind finely grated and juiced
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- Place the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, sugar and grapeseed oil in a blender until smooth. Transfer two thirds of the mixture into a separate bowl.
- Add lime rind, Lemongrass and kecap manis to remaining mixture and blend until smooth. Place mixture in a bowl and add chicken lightly tossing to coat.when fully coated, place chicken onto bamboo skewers. Ensure skewers have been pre-soaked in water.
- Heat a frypan over medium heat and add remaining chilli mix stirring for around two minutes. Add water and continue cooking for a further three minutes or until thick and place in a bowl.
- Cooking the chicken is best done on satay cookers however, the BBQ grill will also give you a great result. Constantly turn the skewers over until cooked through.
- Cook beans in a pot of salted water for two minutes then add wombok and sprouts. cook for a further one minute until crisp. drain and rinse under cold running water and drain well.
- Add chilli mixture to vegetables and toss to combine. Serve with extra kecap manis, lime halves and skewers.
Enjoy with family and friends!