The Traditional Balinese secret tastes are all in the sauces!
This recipe is no exception with flavours of Fennel, Ginger and Peanuts all fused into one!
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1kg Chicken thigh fillets (diced)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 250ml Chicken style liquid stock
- 400ml Coconut milk
- 1 table spoon Lime juice
- Steamed jasmine rice to serve
- Large Brown onion
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons ground corriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To make the spice paste, place the onion, peanuts, garlic, ginger, chilli, water, coriander, cumin, fennel, turmeric, Cinnamon, cloves and pepper in a food processing bowl and process to a smooth paste.
Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the spice paste and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and cook for a further 2 minutes until chicken is coated in spice and cooked. Add the tomato and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low occasionally stirring for a further 30mins or until cooked through. Add the coconut milk and stir to a simmer. Add the lime juice and stir to combine all the ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper, serve with rice.