Es Alpukat (Avocado Smoothie) The ideal breakfast on the run!
Posted on May 07 2018
Now, we know what you're all thinking.....
"This must taste like liquid guacamole right?"...
That is so far from the truth!
This "Smoothie" is often found in the isolated streets of Indonesia. We at Bali Mystique tried it (with a shot of espresso of coarse) and we have to say, it is pure decadence. If you haven't tried it, do yourself a favour..... you don't know what you are missing.
We know Avocado has great health benefits such as:
- Contains more potassium than Bananas
- Are loaded with Heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids
- Are loaded with fibre
- Are proven to lower cholesterol
- Are loaded with powerful anti-oxidents
The "Es Alpukat" makes an excellent breakfast on the run!
Add your twist such as a double shot of espresso (cold) or drizzle of chocolate syrup.
This makes an ideal health desert or, prepare the night before for that breakfast on the run!
Try it and let us know your thoughts below!
Recipe (3-4 servings)
- 4 ripe avocados (around 300gm each)
- 60ml sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk or cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 3 cups ice cubes
- Chocolate syrup or expresso shot (Optional)
- Peel and pit the avocados and cut into small cubes
- Place the cubed avocado, condensed milk, lime juice and ice cubes into a blender and puree (if you're a coffeeholic like us, add the coffee shot too)
- Serve chilled, add a drizzle of chocolate syrup to the glass before serving,